Tuesday, August 24, 2010

sugar n spice and everything nice...

God is good, all the time! isn't He
Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
I prayed...and I prayed...and I prayed...
"Lord if only you would allow me to have just one, just one child, just one chance to be a Mom...
I promise...."
Not only did the Lord Bless us with a son, just 4 months later we received a call from the same birth Mom as Dustin, asking us if we would be willing to take on another baby????? 
This was 2 weeks before Christmas and it was the most blessed gift we could ever have imagined.  I remember falling to my knees as I held the phone and crying with Joy...a joy that I could never put into words...after all I didn't deserve any of this.
God had a plan, and who was I to question His ways?
We were priviledged to be a part of  the last 6 months of pregnancy with birth Mom and how blessed we were to find out that we would be having a daughter!  We rejoiced that God gave us more than  our hearts desire. 
We witnessed again the miracle of birth and on August 23rd Kassidy Nicole Christina entered this world and took her first breath. (2 weeks late I might add!!!) 
She was the cutest baby in the whole wide world.  She was perfect.  She was my baby girl, the little girl I always dreamed of that I would get to dress in the prettiest pink frilly outfits. 
We promised to raise her in the fear and admonition of the Lord...and that's exactly what we're doing. 

Kassidy,  you have made us sooooo proud.  You are growing up to be a Godly  woman, who loves the Lord.  We have watched you as you transition from our little girl to a beautiful young lady. 
You stole my heart the day you were born, but I remember clearly when you were about 4 and all you wanted to be when you grew up was a 'Mommy'!!!
To this day you talk to me about raising a large family, but for now you focus on learning all the qualities you will need to be a Proverbs 31 woman.  You strive to grow in your knowledge of God by spending time with Him daily by reading His word and even encouraging us to pray daily. 
Kassidy you are beautiful both inside and out...
You are an amazing sister to both your big brother and now to your baby brother.
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it
We are blessed beyond measure.
Happy 12th Birthday Kassidy
You are loved !

No comments: