Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

Wow, where has time gone??? I never intended to take such a large break, and yet so easily days turned into weeks turned into months turned into a year and half (almost).

So much has changed...God has each of us on a journey, and each of us is somewhere different in that journey.  In Hebrews 13:8 it says Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  I am so glad He is the one who NEVER changes, but it is us who by God's grace should be continually growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour.

One of our biggest changes has been that as of recently, we have moved.  This may not come as a shock to those who know us, but this time it was different.  I have lived in the lower mainland my entire life...this move took us to the Kootenays,  Fruitvale to be exact.  My husband was transferred up here for work, and the decision came rather quickly and left us with mixed emotions.  We have always had a love for this area, ever since Dustin and Kassidy  brought us here through their swimming club several years ago.  I remember the first time like it was yesterday...being surrounded by majestic mountains, the beauty was breathetaking.  It was then, that it became our hearts desire to be here, to live here.  Well....here we are.  We feel as though we don't deserve to be here, and we awake everyday and stand in awe of the Lord's creation that surrounds us.  God has a plan for us being here, that we know.  But with this move came a whole lot of sadness that was unexpected.  I always knew in my mind that to leave family and friends would be hard, but the reality is...it's really hard.  I have learned how easily we take for granted, living in the same area with those you hold dearly in your heart.  I'm a hugger...I love to get them and to give them.  There's something powerful about a hug...it tells the one your hugging how much you care about them...it brings comfort to the hurting and the lonely, and it's one way we can share the love of Christ with others.  Have you ever been talking with someone and you just want to reach through the phone and HUG them...I feel like that ALL the time now.  I can't just hop in my car and drive over to give that hug, and share a cup of tea.  An email, or skype, or even a phone call can never replace that physical touch of a hug and the warmth a smile can bring.  All that to say, I miss my family...every single one of you...even the ones we never spoke to very often, and my friends...I think friends are the family you do get to choose, and therefore they are family too :) So you have been warned, the next time I see you and give you a hug, I may not ever let go!! 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  2 Corinthians 1:3

I am thankful for the comfort I know can only come from Christ.



This photo is just a glimpse into my world, my love of homeschooling, my love of snow and my love of the view out our kitchen window :)

It feels good to be blogging again...I promise not to leave for such a lengthy break this time!

I'll leave you with a favorite winter muffin recipe of mine...a comfort food!

Apple Bran Muffins
(this recipe is large, but you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and just bake them fresh daily or as needed :) ).

4 cups flour (I use half whole wheat/white)
3 cups natural bran
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
3 eggs
14oz. can unsweetened applesauce ( I used my own homemade)
1 1/2 cups buttermilk ( if you don't have any use any milk and add 4 tsp. lemon juice)
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup raisins
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped

Stir together flour bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.  In seperate bowl, cream together sugar and butter. beat in eggs  at a time until fluffy.  Stir in applesauce, buttermilk, molasses, raisins and apple.  add to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter should still lumpy) fill greased muffin tins (or use paper lined muffin cups) 3/4 full.   bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for approx. 15-20 mins. depending on your oven or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
Serve with love and hugs

God Bless
Cheryle

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I miss your hugs too! I can't wait to get one in May. We get to share a room again, I guess we won't sleep too much, talk, talk, talk, laugh, laugh, cry, cry.

I'm looking forward to making those muffins. YUM!

I am wanting some of your snow, we as you know have had none and looking at your pictures it reminds me of how peaceful snow is. I am praying for snow...see you did wear off on me.

Love & Hugs to you all.

I/we miss you.